June 26, 2021
For those of us who love Texas backyard barbecues, summer is the best time of the year. It means we get to roll out the grill, call all our friends and family, and spend quality time in the great outdoors. And the best part about these informal gatherings is that you can set them up with minimum planning. But over the years, we’ve learned that with a bit of extra effort, it’s easy to turn a regular old Saturday into a barbeque to remember. So here are our six tried and true tips for the best backyard BBQ.
- First things first! You don’t need to coordinate anything formal when it comes to a barbecue, but you should make sure that you have enough seating. And relax, the chairs don’t all need to match. Feel free to break out the beach and camping chairs if you have to. Just don’t leave people standing around, trying to balance their plate of food instead of enjoying their meal.
- Of course, we all know that the key to a great barbecue is to keep it casual. So you don’t have to go overboard on the menu, but don’t be one of those people that serves the same old thing. Plain old burgers and dogs can get boring. Your guests deserve better. Next time, instead of hotdogs, throw some sausages on the grill. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, get a smoker and try smoking ribs or a whole brisket. Still have your heart set on burgers? Try stuffing the patties with bacon and cheese or makes some fun toppings like grilled veggies. You could even offer your guests a healthier burger by using Premium Quality Texas Beef from Texas Beef Company. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free. Eat Better Beef!
- Be prepared by prepping food before your guests arrive. It’s probably obvious, but most of our tips for the best backyard BBQ come from mistakes that we’ve made over the year. So trust us when we say that this tip is critical. Prepare as much as possible before your guests arrive. It will make a world of difference in the success of your cookout. If you make sure that all the food is ready to be thrown on the grill when friends and family arrive, then you’ll have more time to enjoy the party and your guests will have more time to enjoy you.
- Make sure everyone knows where the drinks are. As part of the pre-party set-up, stock a cooler or washtub with ice, bottled water, juice boxes, and other kid-friendly drinks. We even like to throw in little apples and oranges. Then set up another container filled with beer, wine coolers, seltzers, and other adult beverages. Show everyone where the drinks are as soon as they arrive and encourage them to help themselves. If you’re feeling like taking things to the next level, you could also offer fun summer cocktails. But make sure to pre-mix them, or everyone will be measuring, pouring, and stirring up a big mess instead of enjoying the day.
- Now that the adults are happy, what about the kids? Have some yard games to keep them occupied. Games like cornhole, croquet, horseshoes, or even Twister are guaranteed hits. Get it all out and set up before the party starts so the kids can go straight to playing when they arrive. Additionally, we like to have some kid-friendly sunscreen and bug spray on hand to keep everyone happy and comfortable.
- Lastly, for a dessert that’s a hit for the kids and adults alike, nothing says summertime better than s’mores. And the best part, you don’t have to cook them. Instead, just lay out all the fixings, light up the fire pit, and your guests will do the rest.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!