September 25, 2021
Most of you already know, here in Texas, we love a hearty breakfast. So if you enjoy a big morning meal as much as we do, then you’ll definitely appreciate our new favorite recipe: bacon cheeseburger waffles! There’s just something about the way they stick to your ribs and keep you energized throughout the day.
I know what you’re thinking; this sounds like way too much, way too early. But trust us, the crispy, cheesy waffle balances the sweet, salty ground beef and bacon mixture so well. Together, they’re the perfect combination.
Ingredients for Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles
There are two separate parts to this recipe, the beef mixture and the waffle batter. If you take some time to prepare the night before, you won’t believe how easy this breakfast recipe is to throw together. You’ll need:
The Beef Mixture
- 1 lb. Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef
- 4 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Waffle Batter
- 1 box Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix 28oz.
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Steps to the Perfect Breakfast
Prepare the beef and bacon the night before:
- Place a medium pan over low heat and cook the bacon until it’s crispy.
- Set the bacon aside to drain.
- In the same pan, brown your Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef.
- Remove the browned beef and cool.
- Finely chop the bacon and evenly mix it into the beef.
- Use immediately or refrigerate overnight.
When it’s time to eat, these breakfast bacon cheeseburger waffles are a snap to prepare!
- Preheat your waffle iron and have some non-stick spray ready.
- Remove the Beef Mixture from the fridge.
- In a large bowl, follow the directions on the box and mix all of the Waffle Batter ingredients together. Ensure that the shredded cheese is not clumping together.
- Spray the waffle iron and add in a 1/4 cup of the beef mixture. Then ladle in some of the cheesy batter and close the iron.
Note: if you don’t own a waffle iron, just drop some of the meat mixture onto a griddle or pan and then pour some batter over it. It will be a bacon cheeseburger pancake!
- Cook until done. A good rule of thumb is that the waffle is finished once there is little to no steam coming from the iron.
- Repeat for the second waffle.
Of course, you can serve your bacon cheeseburger waffles with syrup. But you may also want to try them with a sweet barbecue sauce or honey mustard dressing. No matter what you do, we know you’ll love them!
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!