January 8, 2022
When most Texans think of beef cutlets, they immediately think of chicken fried steak. But did you know that there are hundreds of easy and delicious beef cutlet recipes out there that don’t involve a fryer?
Beef cutlets are a healthy and inexpensive alternative for your next meal with less fat and lower costs than other meats. Need inspiration? Here are two tasty beef cutlet recipes that we enjoy here on the ranch.
Texas Beef Cutlet Banh Mi
Servings: Four sandwiches
Prep Time: 15min + marinade time
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25min + marinade time
These Texas Beef Cutlet Banh Mi sandwiches are an exciting twist on the Vietnamese classic. The tangy grilled beef is grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free. Combined with the fresh crispy salad, this delicious beef cutlet recipe is absolutely irresistible.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package of Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets (4 cutlets or about 2lbs)
- 4 sub rolls or sandwich baguettes
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup slices jalapenos
- 1 tbsp Asian salad dressing (like this one)
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, the rest is a snap.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and squish and shake the contents to combine, ensuring that the sugar dissolves.
- Add the Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets to the bag. Push out all the air from the bag and seal then shake to ensure that all the surfaces of the meat are covered with the marinade. Let the beef marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- While waiting, dress the salad/garnish by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing thoroughly.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cutlets from the marinade (throw out the remaining liquid) and grill the beef until nicely browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Let the cutlets rest for two minutes before slicing thinly.
- Finally, slice the four sub rolls and lay equal amounts of the sliced cutlet on them, and cover generously with the salad.
Honey Pecan Glazed Cutlets
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15min
Are you looking for something a little more traditional but still unique? This easy and delicious beef cutlet recipe is sure to please. Our beef cutlets’ big beefy grass-fed flavors pair perfectly with the nutty pecans and the sweet Texas Hill Country honey.
- 4 Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup Texas Hill Country honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here are the steps:
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season your Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets with the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Then dust both sides of each cutlet with the flour.
- Once your skillet is warm, drop in the butter and wait for it to melt.
- When the butter is hot, carefully place the cutlets in the skillet and brown them on both sides. This should take about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Lastly, add the honey and pecans to the skillet and stir to combine with the hot butter and juices. This creates a beautiful pan sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 4 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: Try this delicious beef cutlet recipe with mashed sweet potatoes and your favorite veggies. Yum!
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!