October 11, 2021
This time of year, life is busy! Luckily, our best meatloaf recipe is perfect for a hectic weeknight meal because it can be prepared in minutes. There’s no chopping or slicing. You literally just put everything into a bowl and mix. And the best part, we’ve added in a little Texas twist to spice things up.
This classic meatloaf is also great for meal prepping. Throw it together, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook. Then, just let it come to room temperature while you’re preheating the oven. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Ingredients for Easy Meatloaf
If you think that classic meatloaf is just a giant hamburger, it’s time to reevaluate. This dish has so much more flavour than a plain old burger patty. That’s because of all the tasty ingredients you mix in. Infact, the secret to making a delicious meatloaf recipe is to really go crazy with the flavorings. That, and to use Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef. The flavor of grass-fed, grain-finished really shines through in this recipe.
Here on the ranch, we also like to brush our meatloaf with a sweet and spicy Texas-style meatloaf glaze. Similar to a barbeque sauce, this finishing touch adds that little extra something-something to take your dinner to the next level.
Here’s what you’ll need for the meatloaf:
- 2 lbs Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef
- 1 lb bag of frozen, diced onion and green pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp diced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
Here’s what you’ll need for the Texas-style meatloaf glaze:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tobasco sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 dashes liquid smoke
Step to Making the Perfect Meatloaf
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, putting this meal together is a breeze. And if you don’t want to get your hands dirty, grab the kids, they’ll love mixing everything together.
- First things first, preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grab the ingredients for the Texas-style meatloaf glaze. Stir them together in a small bowl. Then set it aside to rest.
- In a large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, eggs, and all the liquid meatloaf ingredients. Mix with a fork allowing all the liquid to be absorbed by the crumbs.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the beef to the bowl and combine using your hands. DO NOT OVER MIX! Just get everything incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet, form into a loaf, brush generously with half the glaze, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining glaze.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Once removed, let your meatloaf rest for 5 – 10 minutes before cutting it into thick slices.
See how easy that was? Serve this easy meatloaf with your favorite sides and ENJOY!
Freezing Delicious Meatloaf
Don’t forget, if you want to make a larger batch of this recipe for a big family, guests, or to freeze for later meals, just scale up ingredients. And if you do decide to freeze some for later, we recommend using disposable aluminum loaf pans. Just spray with cooking spray, pack in the meat mixture, cover with glaze, and seal the top with foil. A frozen meatloaf will last up to six months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to cook it, just place the frozen meatloaf into the refrigerator to thaw for about 24 hours. Then, uncover it and let it come to room temperature on the counter as you’re preheating the oven. Don’t forget to bake it to an internal temperature of 160F.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!