Everyone in Texas loves Chinese food. But with all the special techniques and time-consuming prep involved, it’s a difficult cuisine to master for the home cook. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone created some easy and fast Chinese food recipes that anyone could prepare?
You’re in luck! Here on the ranch, we’ve been perfecting quick and simple Chinese food recipes for years, and none of them involve any fancy cooking skills or obscure ingredients. So get ready to impress your family and friends with a quick and tasty Chinese feast.
Slow Cooker Beef with Broccoli
Beef with Broccoli is a Chinese classic that the whole family will love. And because this version is made in a slow cooker, it’s perfect for preparing on a busy weeknight.
The ingredients are listed below, but before you go shopping, make sure you’re feeding your family the best! We recommend using our tender and delicious Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets. They’re grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets, thinly sliced.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Optional sliced green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, pull out your slow-cooker and get the party started.
- In a six-quart or larger slow-cooker, add the thinly sliced Premium Texas Beef Cutlets, the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, Tabasco, and garlic.
- Mix to make sure the sugar is dissolved and cover.
- Cook on low until beef is tender and cooked through, about 5 hours.
- Remove a 1/2 cup of broth into a bowl and whisk in the cornstarch. Pour this mixture back into the slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Add in the broccoli, cover, and cook for 20 more minutes.
Serve over white rice and ENJOY!
Weeknight Mongolian Beef
Another family favorite here on the ranch is our Weeknight Mongolian Beef. Again, this is a super simple slow cooker recipe that uses thin slices of our Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets.
After a quick saute, just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and you’ll have an easy-breezy restaurant-quality meal. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb Premium Quality Texas Beef Cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Once you’ve collected all the components, set up your slow cooker, and place a large pan on the stove.
- Place the cutlet slices and cornstarch in a small bowl and toss together to coat the beef evenly. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- As the meat is resting, pre-heat a large skillet.
- Add the olive oil and coat the pan.
- Add the beef, onion, bell pepper, and cook until evenly browned (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and place in the slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for about 5 hours.
Serve over white rice with steamed vegetables. ENJOY!
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!