July 18, 2022
Even the most die-hard fan can get burned out on the same old burger. That’s why we’re mixing things up this grilling season with these Exciting New Kebob Burgers. They’re an exciting new twist on the backyard classic.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine: American and Middle Eastern
Here in Texas, it’s hard to find a cookout that doesn’t include burgers sizzling on the grill. But after a few summer barbeques, even the most die-hard fan can get burned out on the same old sandwich. That’s why we’re mixing things up this grilling season with these Kebob Burgers. They’re an exciting new twist on the backyard classic.
Our recipe is based on Kofta, a ground beef kebob from Morocco. Deliciously spicy, wonderfully tender, and super easy to make, we flavor these burgers with fresh herbs, form them into patties, and grill them to perfection. One bite, and you’ll see why we can’t stop eating them!
Ingredients for Kebob Burgers
Compared to a traditional hamburger patty, this might seem like a lot of ingredients but trust us, the fresh herbs and spices create a flavor perfect for summer. Remember, the key here is to use fresh herbs. The dried stuff just won’t cut it. And when it comes to the ground beef, don’t skimp. We recommend using our very own Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 lbs Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Making Kebob Burgers
Now that you’ve gathered all the ingredients, the steps for kebob burgers are basically the same as any burger recipe you’ve made in the past. Just mix, form, and cook.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the additional components and you can’t seem to incorporate the herbs with the meat, feel free to use a stand mixer or, better yet, pulse everything together in a food processor.
- Once combined, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer to allow the flavors to blend.
- Preheat and prepare your grill.
- While the grill is heating up, form your patties. Separate the chilled beef mixture into eight equal portions, roll them into balls, and pat them out to four inches in diameter.
- Grill them as you normally would until they reach an internal temperature of at least 135 F.
How to Serve Kebob Burgers
When you’re ready to eat, there are a few different fixings that you might enjoy on your kebob burgers.
- Instead of the traditional lettuce, tomato, and onion, try using a field green salad with a lemony vinaigrette.
- Rather than mayo or mustard, try making a delicious tahini yogurt sauce to put on top. The acid from the citrus and yogurt create a perfect balance of flavors.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!