April 2, 2022
A beefy new diet here in Texas makes eating fun again! The carnivore diet is gaining national attention for its outstanding results and zero-veggie policy. The rules are simple, eliminate all carbs and focus on clean, responsibly raised meats.
Some proponents claim that the carnivore diet helps with weight loss, autoimmune issues, digestion problems, and even skin conditions. Still, others have experienced improved glucose control which might improve metabolic syndromes and diabetes.
Is the carnivore diet right for you? Let’s take a closer look.
What is The Carnivore Diet
First, we’ll start by answering the question: what is the carnivore diet? It’s simple. You only eat animal products that are low in carbohydrates. That means you enjoy all the meat and fish you want and limit your dairy intake to only low-lactose choices. That’s it. Easy!
- The best part of the meal plan is that you’re not allowed to eat vegetables. Sounds good to us!
While the carnivore diet may seem too good to be true, some people theorize that plant-based foods are not actually required for humans to live. In fact, carbs, which mostly come from plants, are the only non-essential nutrient in the human diet. This leads us to the only drawback of this way of eating. You must avoid starchy carbs like bread, pasta, and potatoes.
Benefits of The Carnivore Diet
As with every new health and weight-loss trend, the jury is still out on the actual effectiveness of the carnivore diet, but many people swear by it. Some of the results that fans have experienced are:
- Weight Loss – Like many other carb-restricting diets, eating just meat can help you lose weight fast. This is due to the fact that you’re changing your body’s energy source from carbohydrates to fat. In essence, by not eating carbs, you burn your own body fat and use that as energy instead of the starches you would be eating in your meals.
- Less Inflammation – Inflammation can increase with carb-heavy diets. Many plant-based oils, most processed foods, and even some vegetables have been linked to inflammatory responses in humans. Therefore, having less inflammation by eating the carnivore diet may result in fewer aches and pains.
- Increased Testosterone – Healthy fats are essential for good hormonal function. And diets high in healthy fats such as grass-fed, grain-finished beef have been shown to improve testosterone levels. Since you eat more healthy fats and protein with this meal plan, you may see an increase in strength and energy as well.
- Other Possible Benefits of The Carnivore Diet – Those living the carnivore lifestyle have also reported increased focus and mental clarity. Additionally, the extra collagen from clean protein sources may improve cartilage health and relieve some joint conditions.
One of the major selling points of the carnivore diet is how easy it is to follow and stick to! Here’s what you can eat:
- Meat: Most of your daily calories will come from meats, and you should try to use the healthiest options possible. A great choice would be our Premium Quality Texas Beef. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid free.
Since you’re restricting carbs, steaks with more marbling are preferred. Try ribeyes, New York strips, and 80/20 ground beef.
- Fish: Salmon, sardines, trout, and mackerel are great options. The fattier the fish, the better.
- Eggs: Packed full of vitamins, eggs are a great addition to the carnivore diet. They boast the perfect ratio of protein, fats, and essential nutrients to keep you going all day long.
- Low-lactose dairy: Grass-fed milk, butter, and aged cheese are also allowed!
- Animal-based fats: Instead of vegetable oils, use lard, butter, or other animal-based fats for cooking.
- Simple seasonings and condiments: Salt, pepper, and spices are allowed, but go easy on the herbs. Too much, and it could count as a serving of vegetable carbs!
Just stick to simple ingredients that don’t contain any sugar or carbohydrates. Our very own line of Texas Beef Company Rubs first the bill perfectly!
With all these options, we’re sure you’ll be able to create some truly delicious and healthy meals. But, if you’re still not sure if The Carnivore Diet is right for you, speak to your doctor about any concerns you may have, and don’t forget to check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!