November 26, 2022
When the temperature drops here in Texas, nothing warms you up like a hearty bowl of our family favorite, White Bean and Brisket Chili. Fork-tender pieces of Premium Quality Texas Beef combined with simple pantry staples make this meal easy to prepare and deliciously satisfying.
While our White Bean and Brisket Chili is perfect for cold Texas nights, it’s certainly not a one-trick pony. We also love to serve it at potlucks and holiday parties. You can feed the whole crew with just a single recipe, or if you’re expecting a crowd, it’s simple to double or even triple the recipe.
Best of all, this is a slow-cooker meal. All you have to do is add everything into the crock and turn it on low. Done and done!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to gather ingredients
Cooking Time: 8 hours in the slow cooker
Total Time: 8 hours and 10 minutes
Yield: 6 – 8 bowls
Ingredients for White Bean and Brisket Chili
There’s a good chance you already have all the ingredients to make White Bean and Brisket Chili. If not, everything is easy to find in any supermarket. Pro tip: be sure to double-check your spices. If you haven’t used them in a while, they may have lost some of their punch, resulting in a less flavorful finished product.
If you don’t have brisket, feel free to use any other stewing or roasting cut you may have on hand. Just make sure you choose the best quality beef you can find. We suggest our very own Premium Quality Texas Beef. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free. It’s time to Eat Better Beef!
Here’s what you’ll need for the chili:
- 1 lb Premium Quality Texas Beef Brisket
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans of white beans drained and rinsed (Great Northern, Navy, or your favorite)
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can white hominy
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
Optional: even the most delicious bowl of chili still tastes better with some toppings, so have your favorites ready. Here are some suggestions if you need a little inspiration.
- fresh cilantro
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- sour cream
- crispy corn chips
- LOTS of shredded cheese
Steps to Make White Bean and Brisket Chili
When you’ve gathered all the ingredients, just put everything in your slow cooker before you leave for work. Your White Bean and Brisket Chili will be ready and waiting when you get home.
Here’s how to layer in the ingredients for the best results:
- Add the Premium Quality Texas Beef Brisket to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour in all the other ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese and half-and-half. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or, if you’re in a rush, on HIGH for 3 – 4 hours.
- When time is up, remove the brisket and place it in a large mixing bowl. Shred with a fork and return to the slow cooker.
- Now add the cream cheese and half-and-half. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes and turn to warm until you’re ready to eat.
That’s it! Set out all the toppings, gather the gang, and ladle your white bean and brisket chili into bowls.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!