January 28, 2023
The Superbowl is one of our favorite American traditions. Here in Texas, it’s considered a major holiday. To celebrate, we throw a party and enjoy the Big Game with our family and friends. Some years we win, some years we lose, but every year we serve our best Superbowl snack: Taco Meatballs.
Don’t let the surprise ingredient fool you, Taco Meatballs are our best Superbowl snack for a good reason. They’re DELICIOUS! And on top of that, because they’re a breeze to throw together, they’re the perfect recipe for the kids to help with.
So grab your friends and your favorite beverages. It’s football time!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 20 – 30 pieces
Ingredients for Our Best Superbowl Snack: Taco Meatballs
When you’re looking for the best Superbowl snack, Taco Meatballs are a fantastic choice because they’re so easy to make. You just need a few key ingredients: the meat, a binder, and some flavor.
For the meat, we keep it healthy, so we always recommend our Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free.
For the binder, we used to add bread crumbs until a friend joked that we were boring. Surprise, now we use Takis Fuego corn chips to liven up the recipe. What an exciting difference!
Lastly, for the flavoring, we keep things simple by using a package of store-bought taco seasoning. Why make things complicated?
Here’s everything you need:
- 2 lbs Premium Quality Texas Ground Beef
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup salsa (choose your favorite)
- 1 (10 oz) bag of Takis Fuego chips, crushed
- 1 c Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 oz) package of taco seasoning
- 20 – 30 Toothpicks for serving
How to Prepare Our Best Superbowl Snack: Taco Meatballs
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients, you’re just a few fun steps away from enjoying our best Superbowl snack. If you haven’t already, now’s the time to get the kids involved for a wholesome bonding experience. They’ll just love rolling out the taco meatballs.
Remember, do your best to keep all the balls roughly the same size. This will ensure that everything cooks evenly. And if you’re unsure about doneness, use a thermometer to check that you’ve hit 160 F before serving the beef.
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Pour the Takis into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the chips are reduced to the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them.
- Add the Takis crumbs to the eggs and mix them together. Let this mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare a sheet pan with non-stick foil or cooking spray.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and knead to combine.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into bite-sized balls. Remember to keep the size consistent, so the taco meatballs will all cook simultaneously.
- As you roll them out, place each piece onto your sheet pan, leaving a 1/2-inch space between them.
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
Enjoy with your favorite Tex-Mex condiments like salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. And don’t forget to put out some toothpicks for mess-free eating.
Tips for Making Our Best Superbowl Snack: Taco Meatballs
Here are some delicious tips to help make our best Superbowl snack even better:
- Crush the Takis as small as possible. The smaller, the better to bind the taco meatballs together.
- Shape taco meatballs into equal sizes so they cook evenly.
- Taco meatballs are great for freezing. Double or triple the recipe for a quick snack on the fly.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!