Some holidays don’t receive the respect they deserve! Case in point, did you know that February 24th is National Tortilla chip day?! Here in Texas, where nachos are king, it’s a wonder why we don’t get the day off.
So, to give the lowly tortilla chip its due, we’ve asked our Texas Beef Company chef to create a delicious recipe to help us celebrate. Get ready for Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Type: Appetizer or Entrée
Ingredients for Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos
When you’re craving gooey, cheesy nachos, it’s tough to beat our Easy Loaded Nacho Recipe. But when you want a nacho feast, Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos are the way to go!
If you already have leftover brisket in the fridge, then you’re way ahead of the game. If not, check out our Texas Smoked Brisket recipe here. And don’t forget, the better the brisket, the better the barbeque. That’s why we always recommend our Premium Quality Texas Beef. It’s grass-fed, grain-finished, and always hormone and steroid-free. Eat Better Beef!
Once you have the brisket ready, the rest of the ingredients are a breeze. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 (16-ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup smoked and chopped Premium Quality Texas Beef Brisket
- 1 cup pimento cheese
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite brand)
After your Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos come out of the oven, take them to the next level with these additional fresh toppings:
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- chopped onion
- sliced fresh jalapenos
- chopped tomatoes
Steps to Make Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos
Before we get started, here’s a tip: the secret to Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos is to mix the beef, beans, barbecue sauce, and pimento cheese together first. This might seem pointless, but it really is the key to success. Not only does it help to coat everything in bbq sauce evenly, but it also keeps all the ingredients together on the chips after baking.
Here are the steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and chopped Premium Quality Texas Beef Brisket, the refried beans, the barbecue sauce, and the pimento cheese. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Line a large sheet pan with non-stick foil and spread out half the bag of chips.
- Evenly cover the first layer of chips with half the cheese and half of the brisket mixture. The mixture will be sticky, so use a spoon and drop dollops around the tray. Don’t worry, it will spread out as it bakes.
- Sprinkle half the chopped onion and pickled jalapenos over the top and place the tray in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the first layer of ingredients melts.
- Remove the tray from the oven and arrange a second layer of chips over the first.
- Repeat step 4 using the rest of the cheese, brisket mixture, onions, and jalapenos.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starts to crisp on the edges.
That’s it! Now, lay out all your favorite fresh toppings and get down to business. The whole family will love being able to customize their Spicy Brisket Sheet Pan Nachos.
Check us out! We offer grass-fed, grain-finished, sustainably raised bulk beef and Premium Quality custom beef boxes. Each one is chock-full of all your favorite cuts. We also have tons of Texas Beef Company merchandise. Show the world that you Eat Better Beef!